Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Revenue Cycle Management
at Unified Physician Management
This position can be based either in our corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, FL or at our Laboratory in Tampa, FL.
The Manager of RCM is responsible for overseeing the laboratory billing team which encompasses managing the relationship with the billing vendor to drive results for our internal laboratory. This position requires a thorough understanding of the medical revenue cycle billing process in a laboratory setting. The Manager of RCM is responsible for the entire accounts receivable process as well as personnel management. The Manager is responsible for driving process improvements through automation, provider education and/or RCM process changes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare revenue cycle financial analysis including aged accounts. Monitor and assesses KPI’s in order improve efficiencies.
- Analyze insurance denial trends and create front end edits/rules to help increase clean claim rate, reduce denial rates and increase cash collections.
- Maintains strong understanding of payor related changes across all states/markets
- Document processes and collaborate with external vendors to track and develop enhancements to the billing software and/or billing process
- Ensure external vendors are meeting standards of the laboratory. Able to identify issues and provide solutions to bottlenecks with action plans with the vendors.
- Provide weekly status reports on projects
- Coordinate with Clinical Laboratory team on priorities and improvements and effectively lead weekly laboratory meeting
- Prepare data and communicate with ordering care center on payor denials, documentation or registration issues.
- Audit of employees and accounts required to help understand how to provide additional training or process enhancements
- Able to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines, with minimal oversight
- Review Athena process enhancements to ensure the RCM team is utilizing all functions to streamline workflows
- Expert knowledge of laboratory billing is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in laboratory billing
- College degree desired
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required
- Prior presentation skills to Executive leadership teams on KPI and leadership priorities
- Excellent relationship building skills and aptitude for working collaboratively with cross-functional groups
- Strong working knowledge of payor denials and payors
- Able to clearly document processes and effectively communicate process to external users
- Knowledge of Athena Collector is desired
- Extreme attention to detail is required
- Critical thinker with ability to problem solve and perform root cause analyst and implement action plans
- Strong knowledge of payor and clearinghouse claim edits and rules
- Strong analytic skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills