Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Unified Physician Management
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 813
The Corporate Paralegal will assist in supporting legal department initiatives.
- Creating organizational documents, including articles of incorporation or dissolution.
- Obtains certificates of good standing/certificates of existence.
- Prepares and files annual reports, notices of changes of officers, directors and related corporate information in jurisdiction of incorporation.
- Organize and maintain contracts and legal files (both hard and digital).
- Track contract renewals, legal filings and corporate requirements.
- Legal research within governmental and research databases
- Provide support and assistance to general counsel.
- Use strong organizational skills, be extremely detail-oriented and work well under tight constraints. Organize and maintain legal files. (originals and electronically)
- Prepare and file applications for licensure and permits
- Assist with Federal/State legal/regulatory compliance
- Obtain good standing certificates from Secretary of State.
- Prepare and file DBAs, certificates of trade names, and certificate of assumed names with the appropriate state office.
- Form businesses, apply for IRS Federal Identification numbers, draft all relevant documents and prepare corporate books for entities.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations for domestic and international corporations.
- Assist health care facilities to respond to medical record request in accordance with HIPPA and state law requirements.
- Ensure all potential claims are promptly referred to applicable insurer; coordinate responses with counsel.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a paralegal
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Experience with bankruptcy law preferred
- Proficient in Excel, DocuSign, and Salesforce
- Excellent Communication Skills, both oral and written
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills