United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Endoscopy Technician - PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Safety Harbor Surgery Center is looking for a go-getter to join our team. Someone who is friendly, compassionate, and eager to learn. You will be interfacing with patients families, physicians, staff, and visitors of the surgery center. We are a busy, multispecialty ASC in Clearwater. United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one asset.
The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for cleaning and reprocessing endoscopes and accessories. Maintains and stocks instruments and supplies. Identifies and labels instruments to be delivered for processing as indicated. Receives and distributes instruments. Performs other related activities as necessary.
- Cleans and reprocesses endoscopes and instruments. Lubricates and reassembles instruments, identifies and labels instruments and scopes for processing.
- Monitors reprocessing units to ensure they are performing at optimal levels. Performs routine checks on reprocessing equipment and high level disinfecting agents. Interprets and records results. Reports problems to Manager.
- Operates reprocessing equipment utilizing proper operating procedures and methods in accordance with manufacturer's recommended parameters for use as well as loading and unloading techniques. Follows procedures and infection control guidelines.
- Oversees the care, handling, and maintenance of endoscope equipment. Inspects endoscopes and any broken equipment and reports to Manager.
- Maintains open communication with manager regarding maintenance of endoscopes, equipment, and supplies to meet Endoscopy needs. Documents and tracks scope repairs or any other equipment in need of repair. Communicates all scope repairs to Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clinical experience in GI environment desired.
- Certification in OR Technology preferred.
- Current certification in CPR.