United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
St. Augustine Endoscopy Center was opened in 1989 to provide outpatient gastroenterology services to the St. Augustine area. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International. USPI provides first-class surgical services for local communities, and we recognize our employees as our number one asset. USPI’s mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are currently searching for a Materials Manager to join our team. The Materials Manager is responsible for the process, which includes inventory control: ordering all medical supplies, maintaining an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies, receiving and stocking of all medical supplies to their assigned area. Provides support to the surgical team, and provides patient care within the prevailing state standards of practice and according to the policies of the facility. Communicates appropriate information to other team members. May have additional responsibilities designated by the manager, which may include, but are not limited to, providing patient care in other peri-operative departments, serving on committees, or participating in quality improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Orders and maintains all medical inventory.
Performs Quarterly Inventory accounting.
When supplies arrive at the facility, checks in all supplies per invoice and purchase order, delivers all supplies to appropriate location, accounts for all back orders, and prepares required paperwork for Administrator.
Knows and adheres to policies of the Center, and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
Follows standards, policies, procedures, goals and objectives for peri-operative nursing care according to accepted standards.
Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge in aseptic technique, proper scrub technique, cleaning and preparation of equipment and operating room.
- Serve as a back-up to endoscopy reprocessing technicians
- Uses good body mechanics and aseptic technique
Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens and body fluids.
Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
Informs Administrator and/or Manager of applicable day-to-day situations.
Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Two years minimum receiving and inventory experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Current CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrate necessary clinical competency.
- Strong Customer Service Background
- Strong math and counting skills required
- Type minimum of 40 wpm preferred
- Computer experience required (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel preferred)
- Able to deal tactfully with the public and other staff members
- Must possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with repetitive task
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, squat and lift heavy items above your head and shoulders
- Ability to work in a clean and sterile environment