United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-op/PACU Registered Nurse - PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Orlando Ophthalmology Surgery Center is a busy eyes-only surgery center located near the Orlando Health Downtown Campus. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team. We are currently looking for is a top performer to join our team. This is a fast-paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in Orlando.
We are looking for a per diem Pre-op/PACU Registered Nurse. Actual days and hours will vary week to week, mostly scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays and some Friday mornings. This position involves preparing patients for eye surgery, so excellent IV-starting skill is important. This nurse will also take care of patients in PACU after eye surgery. The ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Position requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Florida Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
*Experience working in an ASC is a plus.
*Must be team-oriented and patient-focused.