University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
Under the direction of the manager, coordinates the day-to-day administrative support activities in the Department/Division. Organizes and performs all office and clerical support services within the Department/Division. May act as an intermediary for the department.
1. Maintains strict confidentiality.
2. Organizes and maintains appointments/scheduling for Senior Management.
3. Organizes and performs all office and clerical functions including, but not limited to, setting appointments, scheduling meetings, answering the telephone, taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
4. Ensures the scheduling in advance of adequate rooms, reservation and delivery of needed equipment and catering of food, when appropriate, for meetings and training sessions.
5. Organizes and maintains Department records/reports directly related to the responsibilities of Sr. Management.
6. Organizes and maintains Department records, reports, minutes to meetings and other related documents.
7. All other duties as assigned within the scope of this job description.
Adhere to all regulatory requirements such as, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA, etc.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Capable of thinking independently and exercising good judgment
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Ability to work well under pressure
Demonstrates ability to be fair-minded and objective
Proficient organizational skills
Computer literate with proficiency in Windows NT, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
Minimum three years Administrative Assistant experience required, preferably in a medical ambulatory setting or managed care environment.
Education and Certifications
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Associate’s degree in business administration or similar field preferred.