University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Regulatory Admin Assistant
at University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc.
Scope of the Job
The Research Regulatory Specialist is responsible for supporting all regulatory and financial aspects of the Neuroscience research activities.
1. Ensures compliance with all UF, UF Health and Federal regulations & guidelines governing research records. Performs quality assurance review on regulatory files and subject files to ensure the protection of Human Subjects and adherence to Good Clinical Practice Guidelines. Responsible for the initial and continuing institutional review board (IRB) submissions. Responsible for maintaining regulatory files for all research studies. Responsible for Iron Mountain inventory, research records storage, access, and disposal requests.
2. Ensures compliance with all UF, UF Health and Federal regulations & guidelines governing research billing and financial activity. Performs billing review: confirming professional and hospital charges are accurate. Maintains monthly billing for study visits and documents appropriate fees. Responsible for processing payments, reimbursements, and human subject payments. Create and run data reports for grant deliverables and other reports as requested.
3. Assist with budget and other financial information as requested
4. Assists with ordering supplies and maintaining account records, using PeopleSoft and Excel. Monitors, orders, and distributes all department office supplies.
5. Searches national database and creates specific databases, data collection forms, and tracking forms for research purposes. Creates spreadsheets, presentations, and administrative forms utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Performs other projects as assigned.
6. Assists with the maintenance of Departmental Information ensuring up-to-date faculty CV’s, current licensures, lab certifications, lab normal and abnormal values, staff training certifications along with any additional protocol specific requirements.
7. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other events associated with research activities; may perform and/or coordinate outreach activities, as appropriate for research objectives.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations.
Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility.
Required to make independent judgments without supervision.
Must be able to make generalize-tions, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Highly Motivated with excellent communication skills
Strong computer skills including database management and spreadsheets: Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint.
Knowledge of medical terminology
Familiarity with the Code of Federal Regulations as they pertain to human subject clinical research and understanding of the clinical research process
Strong calculation skills.
2 years of administrative experience required without the Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Experience with research and or grants and in health care system preferred.
Experience with PeopleSoft preferred
Education and Certifications
The preferred qualifications include: Associates Degree, Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
UFJPI is an Equal Opportunity Institution