Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Day Time Custodian (Full-Time)
at Rollins College
Perform routine and specialized cleaning of academic and non-academic spaces, including but not limited to: offices, dormitories, laboratories, libraries, athletic facilities, classroom and assembly spaces, restrooms, common areas and entryways, as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
Monday – Friday schedule (6:00am – 2:00pm).
- Maintains all assigned areas in a clean, orderly, and sanitary manner. Sanitizes bathroom surfaces, fixtures, and water foundations.
- Restocks restroom and kitchen area consumable supplies daily.
- Broom sweeps, dry/damp/wet mops hard surface floors and stairs as assigned.
- Dusts and/or washes furniture, walls, and horizontal surfaces.
- Vacuums carpeted floor surfaces using light and/or heavy-duty vacuums.
- Empties and cleans trash and recycling receptacles and moves trash and recyclables to designated pick-up points.
- Cleaning glass doors, windows, and mirrors.
- Dusting walls, furniture, and light fixtures.
- Cleaning water fountains and sweeping stairs.
- Assisting in relocating furniture, books, and equipment.
- Replacing light bulbs and performing various minor building maintenance tasks.
- Setting up special events; i.e., setting up and cleaning tables, trash containers, setting up, rearranging furniture, etc.
- Turning off lights and securing buildings.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Rollins offers a competitive hourly rate and generous benefits package featuring:
- 5 work week and hour lunch (no holidays)
- College provided uniforms
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off to start
- 11 Paid Holidays and College Closure Days
- Bi-weekly Pay
- Affordable Health Insurance Coverage - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Reimbursement Account funded by employer contribution
- 100% Long and Short Term Disability
- Up to 11.5% employer retirement contribution
- Award-winning Wellness Program
- Discounted Meal Plan
- FREE Full Tuition after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents
- FREE on-site parking
- FREE access to campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
- Elementary school education is required in order to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
- Requires six months to one year of job-related experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment typically used in janitorial work and set-ups.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and diagrams for set-up of events.
- Ability to perform a variety of moderately heavy tasks in the care of buildings and equipment.
- As a condition of employment in this position, the incumbent will be subject to call in outside of regular hours in order to respond to emergencies, including the preparation and maintenance of College facilities, grounds, systems and services during inclement weather crises.
- Overtime may be required as needed as well as working weekends; must be flexible with availability.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks. Such tasks require repetitive stooping, bending, reaching and carrying, especially to vacuum, sweep and mop stairwells, perform high and low dusting or cleaning, etc.
- Must be able to tolerate dust and other airborne particles as well as approved cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lb. routinely, on a daily basis.
- May be required to move furniture or other heavy objects for extended periods of time.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.