Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Application Developer - Houston OR Minneapolis OR Jacksonville
at U.S. Bank
Be part of something big whereintegrity matters and success inspires; where great people collaborate,innovate, and give back; where you feel included, valued, and proud. At U.S.Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to makea difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking an Java Application Developer with design anddevelopment experience to contribute toward the success of our technologyinitiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configureand develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technologyplatforms and consult with business users on requirements gathering, systemdesign, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with theDelivery Manager, IT Development, and Architecture groups while collaboratingwith several lines of business.
As a Java Application Developer you will:
- Participate in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions
- Develop and implement application systems
- Assist in definition of time tables and project tasks; analyze and estimate cost and time
- Perform change impact analysis tasks
- Create comprehensive unit test plans and test cases
- Create and execute performance tests to ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
- Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of moderate complexity, significance, and risk
- Contribute and at times, lead clients and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures
- Join in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning
- Share in monitoring operating efficiency of existing systems
- Write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience with developing and implementing applications
- Application design, architecture, J2EE Design Patterns
- Modeling: data, process, events, objects
- Information management
- Change control
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Application testing, JUnit testing.
- System testing, performance testing using JMeter
- Application maintenance
- System development life cycle
- Application development tools
- Implementation tools - Eclipse, TOAD, Liferay Studio, Putty, Fortify StaticCode Analyzer
- Web/Application Server - Tomcat, Apache HTTPD
- Database - Orcale, MS SQL
- Liferay 6.1, 6.2 & DXP - Portlet development JSR-186 and JSR-286, LiferayThemes.
- Web Services – RESTful and SOAP
- Akana API Gateway, OAuth and Microservices