Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Dog Walker
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Do you love dogs? Do you like to be physically active? If so, turn that into an opportunity to earn extra income! Be part of a fun and growing company while you walk dogs in an apartment community.
So, what are you waiting for? Put your love for dogs to work for you and get paid to get fit!
Work Schedule: Part Time hours - Must be available to work a schedule within our hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 8:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Here’s the scoop on job-related details:
- Provide exemplary customer service to residents including their furry four-legged friends
- Deliver memorable interactions with all residents by being friendly, answering questions and being helpful
- Handle dogs and cats of varying sizes and breeds and deliver an exceptional dog walking experience with plenty of love and attention
- Walk dogs on a leash outdoors rain or shine (anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes at a time)
- Ensure safety of the dog resident and those around them (human and dogs) when being exercised and socialized during the walk
- Allow dogs to relieve themselves during the walk and remove and discard pet waste
- Communicate to dog owners with a status update and photo of their pet after each walk
- Record which dog was walked, how long the walks were, anything abnormal observed during the walk
- Understand special requests and conditions of the resident’s furry four-legged friend
- Keep concierge suite clean and organized when picking up and dropping off pet walking supplies
- Other duties within the apartment community may be assigned
You are a good fit if you have the following skills:
- Must have a commitment to service excellence with a friendly and positive attitude
- Must display excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have experience as a dog owner
- Must love dogs with an understanding and willingness to learn about their care
- Comfortable with dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments
- Excellent ability to read dog body language, behaviors and be familiar with basic dog commands
- Enjoys working outside and being physically active
- Able to keep up with the physical demands of being on your feet and walking for much of the day
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to walk with inclement weather (rain, snow, cold, or heat wave, we walk through it all)
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction, be reliable, work productively on one’s own and adhere to a schedule
- Own an iPhone with IOS 9 or newer or Android 6 or newer & comfortable with downloading and using mobile apps
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Our associates interact with pet owners therefore 2+ years of customer service experience is preferred
- Experience in a veterinary hospital, pet grooming or pet boarding business is a plus
We provide the following benefits to our part-time associates:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Associate discount programs
- Associate and family assistance program
- Rewards and recognition program
Valet Living, LLC is an industry leader - ahead of the national trend and the founder of five nights a week doorstep trash and recycling collection.
Valet Living is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on successful background Check. Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace, Valet Living has been setting the standard for doorstep collection and recycling since 1995. Servicing over a million apartment homes across 38 states, Valet Living has grown to become not just the only national provider of doorstep collection and recycling services, but also the only nationally-recognized full service amenities provider to the multifamily industry. In addition to doorstep collection, Valet Living’s turns, maintenance and pet station solutions make life easier for both property managers and residents, while improving property values. With the launch of its resident-facing amenity services mobile app, Valet Living Home, Valet Living is now the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.