Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Product Owner
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Valet Living is seeking a remote Technical Product Owner to guide and assist with the Mobile Application Development initiative among other technical duties as assigned. The Technical Product Owner will work with the marketing and operations stakeholder teams to define the strategic vision of the product. They will document and define the high-level requirements for new or existing functionalities. Responsibilities include writing detailed technical, design, system, functional user stories and detailing acceptance criteria, including storyboards, scenarios and workflows that can translate into Mobile App features. They will also provide day-to-day and sprint direction to the mobile development team.
- Provide Technical Product Ownership and prioritization oversight to the mobile development team.
- Work with the operations and marketing stakeholders to deliver requested features and enhancements.
- Resolve defects and manage DevOps backlog based on stakeholder prioritization.
- Provide Project Management skills to lead key Mobile Application technology initiatives.
- Conduct market research for best in class design.
- Negotiate scope, copy and creative as it pertains to stories and feedback.
- Obtain approval, prioritization, acceptance and sign-off from Business Partners and stakeholders.
- Support Mobile Development initiatives as Product Owner while adhering to Agile Principles and Scrum Methodologies to cultivate collaborative atmosphere.
- Work in a pure agile product development framework: attend daily scrum meetings, prioritize backlog, attend demo’s, Go- No-Go’s, Retrospectives, and participate in sprint and release planning.
- Conduct story and epic level End-to-End and User Acceptance Testing, define test steps for Business Partners and sign off on Story and Epic acceptance.
- Administer, create and manage work queue backlog in Jira for creating sprints, adding tasks, entering bugs and aid Scrum team in performing story point estimation.
- Maintain, track and manage dev team velocity to ensure project estimation for delivery.
- Perform data analysis of user data to depict trends of user spend behavior, user app downloads, user app registrations and app retention rate.
- Calculate the Business Value for the services provided by the app and compile it into a weekly report to be shared with key stakeholders.
- Build dynamic funnel dashboards to show the progress of the project from the time of the mobile app launch to present day in terms of services ordered, app downloads, app registrations and service order trends.
- Monitor WQM (Work Queue Management) tool on a daily basis to track the number of services being ordered, the valets assigned to each service, the time period of the service and the number of services completed/cancelled.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of mobile app features by providing assistance and guidance to all the key stakeholders.
- Support and align efforts of the development, operations and marketing teams to meet customer and business needs.
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies to communicate updates and findings and facilitate project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, management, customers and field operations).
- Maintain clear channels of communications among finance, internal IT, marketing and operations and all other teams/stakeholders involved
- Perform current and future state analysis of the project to identify process and system inefficiencies.
- Highlight the bugs and blockers and coordinate with the development and operations team to come up with the best solutions/fixes and document them.
- Identify opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or enhancements to enable and support multiple business units.
- 5 years of experience managing requirements including user storys, epics, workflows, and user scenarios that can translate ideas into features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field or relevant experience.
- Agile, Lean Startup experience for App development (DevOps experience is preferred)
- Experience as a Product Owner over a product, service or application.
- Experience interviewing stakeholders to tease out requirements and stories
- Skills to logically group scenarios and align with App features
- Skills validating and testing App features against storyboards
- Experience with features surrounding task scheduler, roster management, order fulfillment would be highly desirable
- Experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence, or similar User Story workflow and management tool is a must.
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills.
- Understanding of Indices, fundamentals and analytical data, returns level data etc.
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Journey Builder a plus.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous competing demands in a high stress environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently and able to make decisions quickly when necessary
- Basic knowledge of databases, systems integration, application development and reporting
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Valet Living is the only nationally-recognized full-service amenities provider to the multifamily housing industry, performing more than 340 million events annually across 1.4 million apartment homes and 40 states. Through its portfolio of both business to business and resident facing amenities, Valet Living is also the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep waste and recycling collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living has been setting the standard for residential living since 1995 and is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.