Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reinforcement Area Worker
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Reinforcement Area Worker of cast concrete poles prepares finished product to customer specification for storage and shipment; set up rigging for shipment of finished product. The position will produce and stock material for the reinforcement stations.
- Making spirals in accordance with technological and demand cards
- Knowledge of the operating instructions
- Control of resources for production
- Preparation of steel for the production of spirals
- Reporting low stock
- Reporting noticed defects and faults to the manager
- Check the technical condition of devices and tools on a daily basis, complete the work and maintenance logs of devices
- Do not obstruct access to the emergency stops and the main switch
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and workplace instructions
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
- Basic knowledge of the FPC system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one(1) or two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process of spun cast concrete poles
- Basic knowledge of the computer
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Authority to operate the crane and the forklift
- Experience in working in a similar prefabrication plant
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position
- This position is part-time, the employee can perform other activities near the machine
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.