Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Technician (Graphics)
at Viad Corp
- Job ID
- # Positions
WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Life at GES U.S.
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
The Production Technician, operating within Graphic Production, is responsible for providing sign print, finishing and shipping services for Tradeshow and Exhibits and Design (E&D) and retail graphic requirements. The position involves printing, handling, laminating, mounting/trimming large/grand graphic signage, and preparation of packages for shipping to various locations.
The Production Technician coordinates the manual print/production and packaging of ordered signage. Production work ranges from producing simple small signage, to fabrication of complex sign assemblies.
• Use graphic tools and chemicals safely and with proficiency, such as: UV inks, cleaning solvents, precision or utility knife, mechanical wall cutter, computerized graphic cutting device, metal straight edge, measuring tape, transfer tape, lighter fluid, rubbing alcohol, and other materials related to the production of graphics.
• Responsible for Operating and Maintaining RIP and Various Print Production Equipment. Responsible for Operating and Maintaining Finishing Equipment.
• Responsible for all trimming, laminating, packaging and shipping for all graphic projects. Responsible for shipping small package shipments.
• Responsible for acquiring final QC approval. Facilitates and maintains the use of computer ID sign making equipment.
• Operate and maintain all large/grand format finishing equipment.
• Operate and maintain shrink-wrap and shipping equipment.
• Maintain willingness to learn new industry processes as they develop.
• Cross train in other areas of the Graphics Department.
• Become proficient in the operation of Macintosh, PC, and Windows NT operating system.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, Graphics Manager or Director.
The position involves specialized tasks which often need to be carried out independently, or with the assistance of other Production Technicians.
• Follow specific fabrication instructions as indicated by Work Order, Customer, or Supervisor.
Read and calculate information from provided scaled drawings to finished product.
• Prepare and apply vinyl i.e., setup, weeding, cutting, taping, trimming and mounting to substrates. Prepare digitally printed paper rolls for laminating and application to substrates.
• Apply graphics to panels, stack and manifest panels, including oversized substrates and panels. Load and Operate large/grand roll to roll and flatbed printers.
• Provide quality control at designated steps on the process.
• Prepare final product for shipping to multiple locations.
• Prepare appropriate paperwork in accordance with defined operational procedures.
The Production Technician possesses a can-do attitude.
• Communicates with internal employees (pre-press, project management and structural fabrication) regarding pre-production requirements (materials, and print setups).
• Ability to work with independently and with other team members to reach production goals.
• Order various materials from structural fabrication departments.
• Provide feedback and suggestions to Project Managers, Supervisors and peers on efficient print set-ups for production purposes.
• Ability to articulate superior/alternative production methodologies to internal customers
• High School Diploma.
• Years of experience 3-5. Vinyl/PSV Application i.e., setup, weeding, cutting, taping, trimming and mounting to substrates.
• Pre-production File Prep - Prepare digitally printed paper rolls for laminating and application to substrates.
• Load and Operate large/grand roll to roll and flatbed printers, ie, HP , Mimoki, Vutek etc. Communication Skills must be able to read a CAD Drawing and convert fractions to decimals etc. Graphic Design or Layout experience, knowledgable with Adobe CS5 Suite.
• Hourly position (Sunday-Monday: 7am-330pm, Tuesday-Thursday: 2pm-1030pm)
• Flexibility with work schedule (required to change shifts and work days as business needs dictate)
• Flexibility with work hours (must be able to work overtime as business needs dictate. 10-12 hours per days including weekends.)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Shop environment
• Must have reliable transportation
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
•401K with company match
•Career development program
•Tuition reimbursement program
•Employee assistance program
•Community involvement opportunities
And much more……