VNA Treasure Coast
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Per Diem Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health
at VNA Treasure Coast
- Job Location
- Per Diem
- Work Days
- Work Hours
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a per diem LPN to provide skilled nursing care following an initial assessment and development of a care plan by an RN. Integrate and demonstrate the Core Values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Call MD with verification of medication changes.
- Observes patients condition to monitor response to drugs and treatments.
- Counsels and teaches patient and family to accomplish goals.
- Follows a care plan established by the RN.
- Maintains clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
- Follows discharge plans determined by RN.
- Follow policy and procedure manual pertaining to nursing procedures and treatments.
- Reports changes in patient condition to MD, primary case manager and/or Patient Care Manager.
- Participates in case conferences, collaborates with team members to identify need for plan modifications and readiness for discharge.
- Participates in in-service education programs as well as scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates in community health projects.
- Must work a minimum of one weekend a month; required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.
- Must hold current licensure as an LPN in the state of Florida.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an LPN
- Previous home health experience is desired
- Prior experience with electronic medical records preferred.