Vulcan Materials Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vulcan Materials Company
Operatesplant while maximizing material production and minimizing plant interruptionsand/or breakdowns. In addition, performsbasic maintenance activities including greasing, lubricating and inspection ofplant components.
Assist plant manager with record keeping and daily production schedules forsubmitting reports on production and maintenance.
Assist with record keeping and daily productionschedules for submitting reports on production and maintenance.
Travel to otherfacilities maybe required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates production material plant.
- Maintain material quality
- Perform basic maintenance activities
- Perform various ongoing housekeeping responsibilities
- Complies with all Safety, Health, Environmental andother Company policies, procedures and requirements
- Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift up to 45 pounds.
- Willwork outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions(i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
- Must be able to work required overtime and flexible workschedule.
- Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language.
- High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of training and work experience
- Minimum of two years experience in the construction/mining industry preferred
- Must have strong working knowledge of industrialprocessing equipment such as screens, crushers and conveyor systems.
- Must be observant and alert to the movement andcondition of equipment within assigned responsibility area.
- Be mechanically inclined and have ability totroubleshoot and diagnose problems in relation to plant operations. Performs housekeeping – maintain a clean andsafe working station.
- Performs record-keeping requirements.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.