Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The position(s) described here are for Walgreens Infusions Services, a former subsidiary of Walgreens Co. (“Walgreens”). Walgreens Infusion Services became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company
Job Duties Include:
A Registered Nurse l is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services under a physician’s plan of care and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Walgreens, the state’s professional standards, and regulatory entities. A Registered Nurse I is responsible for assessment of all patients assigned to him/her, establishing and implementing the plan of care plan, educating patients/caregivers, evaluating progress toward goals and making recommendations to the physician for changes in the plan of care based on patient’s needs.
Manages time effectively and demonstrates basic leadership qualities in order to deliver and manage appropriate patient care. Arranges daily visit times in accordance with patient care requirements under the direction of the Supervisor or Nurse Manager. Develops and implements a Plan of Care based on physician orders and patient needs. Documents service provided in an acceptable time frame during or immediately after care is provided. Communicates changes in patient status to appropriate members of the health care team to facilitate prompt attention to patient needs. Recommends changes and modifies the plan of care based on patient needs and physician orders. Maximizes work efficiency through the use of computers and other technologies. Effectively uses available technology to communicate and document care provided. Effectively supervises and coordinates paraprofessionals in the home (home health aide, homemaker). Assists the Supervisor or Nurse Manager with chart audit functions as time permits. Participates in on-call responsibilities as assigned.
Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patient and families. Under the direction of the patient’s physician, safely performs and documents nursing care provided in a manner consistent with established standards of practice and agency policy. Prepares and submits documentation outlining services rendered within the required time frame. Promptly communicates with patient’s physician and supervisor regarding problems, change in status, need for other team involvement, and goal attainment. Thoroughly reports patients care needs, progress and goals when transferring care to an alternate nurse. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Speaks knowledgeably about the scope of services that are available through Walgreens. Attends and participates in required in-services. Demonstrates current knowledge regarding the care and management of patients in the alternate site. Completes all Walgreens educational modules assigned by supervisor. Obtains all educational requirements necessary to maintain professional license. In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements. Participates in the nursing department on-call responsibilities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with valid license in state(s) of practice and at least 1 year of experience as a registered nurse.
- Required licensure in Nursing as granted by an accredited school of nursing.
- At least 1 year of experience as a registered nurse.
- Required certification in the state in which practice is conducted as granted by the State.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of services as evidenced by completion of orientation and nursing skills checklist. Competent in the assessment of patients, basic infusion skills including IV site assessment and central line care, basic wound care, and complete and accurate clinical documentation.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Willing to travel up to 100% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
BSN, Previous Home Health Care experience or previous Infusion experience