Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at WastePro USA
Waste Pro of Florida is currently seeking a HR Manager to join our Central Florida regional office located in Sanford, Florida. This office supports 600+ employees at locations in Sanford, Orlando, Daytona, Ocala, Cocoa and Lake County, Florida.
As the HR Manager, you will work in partnership with assigned locations to deliver HR strategic business goals and HR strategic initiatives. You will provide professional consultation and advice in the areas of employee relations, recruiting and new employee onboarding, training and development, performance management and division generated initiatives to solve issues and drive business results.
- Partners closely with leadership to develop and implement an HR strategy directly supporting regional business priorities and enabling operational success. Analyzes data (turnover, internal job movement, salary information) and makes recommendations to management based on findings and HR best practices.
- Partners with business leaders in the development and execution of staffing strategies to ensure recruitment of high potential talent. Assists in the hiring and selection process for exempt and non-exempt positions. Advises management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Coach and advise leaders at all levels, providing timely and constructive feedback to help develop and improve leadership capability and effectiveness.
- Supervises HR team members and HR services provided such as pre-employment screenings, new employee onboarding, employee relations, training and development, coaching, cross-training and development areas in HR, and accurate data gathering/reporting.
- Effectively communicates HR policies, procedures, programs, initiatives, benefits and compensation, and interprets company policies and procedures.
- Frequently visits Divisions located in region (Sanford, Orlando, Daytona, Ocala, Cocoa and Lake County). Participates in safety meetings, crew outs and the safety lane.
- Assists management team in developing bench strength - i.e. succession planning, performance management, training, diversity, etc.
- Implements, disseminates, and monitors policies, programs and procedures in the areas of performance management, training, salary administration, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Monitors compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirement.
- At least 5 years of progressive human resources generalist experience. Training, employee relations, legal compliance, performance management and recruitment background preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource's Management, business, or a related field, preferred.
- Broad knowledge of HR principles, state and federal employment and labor laws.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and presentations to senior leadership and ability to lead, motivate and coach others.
- Proven analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Ability to manage dynamic situations requiring a well-developed sense of meeting tactical priorities.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Strong planning/organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- PHR/SPHR (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job function.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of ADP Vantage and ADP RM a plus.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro of Florida.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Will need to function in diverse settings that include facilities, equipment yards, landfills, recycling centers, transfer stations, and residential / commercial areas.
- Able to climb in and out of equipment.
- Valid Driver's License
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 25 lbs. without difficulty.
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting with time spent in the operations areas such as safety lane and shop.