Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR CAD Designer
at Westgate Resorts
CFI Corporate - Windhover-43003
5601 Windhover Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Westgate Resorts success by supporting design process to create outstanding timeshare and resorts' amenities designs that uphold the Westgate Customer Experience. The process is inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements.
Models and acts in accordance with Westgate guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of projects and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with Sr. Designer and cross-functional teams.
- Mentors other more junior designers.
Summary of Experience
- CAD drafting using AutoCAD (3-5 years)
- Project management (1 year)
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents (3-5 years)
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants (1-3 years)
- Bachelor's or associated degree required in related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in hospitality design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational and sales needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional environments
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite