Westminster Communities of Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Communities of Florida
Westminster Baldwin Park, a new Active Living Community in Baldwin Park has an open position for a Driver, full time. We are a church related not-for-profit community service organization dedicated and committed to providing services for older adults.
Schedules, plans, and organizes the daily transportation service for the residents at the community over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inspect company vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Complete the vehicle “Log” after each trip or at the end of the scheduled outing.
2. Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicles at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, etc. Must be able to operate the company vehicle in all types of weather and conditions. This includes going forward and backing up long distances, around corners, and in and around very tight areas.
3. Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company vehicles.
4. Operate the controls of the Handicap Lift – assist residents when utilizing the lift. Secure wheelchairs utilizing the “Shure-lock” wheelchair tie down system on the bus.
5. Assist residents on and off the vehicles and during scheduled outings.
6. Safely operate company vehicle and follow traffic laws/regulations/local ordinances/FDOT regulations when operating the company vehicle.
7. Assist with the preventive maintenance of the company vehicles.
Education and Experience:
Must posses a valid CDL License with a Passenger Endorsement.
Must provide copy of a valid Medical Card (CDL).
Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and maintenance.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Join the Westminster Family today! We offer:
- Flexible Hours
- Fun Work Environment
- Competitive Wages
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Fitness Facility Onsite
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Café
- Vacation Pay
- Career Advancement
- And More!
EOE, DFWP – “We honor those who have served.”