Westminster Communities of Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)-Health Center/SNF
at Westminster Communities of Florida
Westminster Towers is a large upscale Active Living Community and Health Center located just south of downtown Orlando. We are a church related, not-for-profit community service organization dedicated and committed to providing services for older adults and persons with special needs by creating and administering excellent residential and health care facilities.
This candidate will provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards.
Full time and Part time available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise CNA's as the charge nurse; ensure that CNA's are following physician orders.
- Implement resident care based on physician orders. Evaluate care and communicate with doctors for updates of orders (PRN). Complete admission documentation in ECS.
- Assist with the evaluation of residents for medical needs/changes. Assist with planning resident care based on physician orders. Enter physician orders into ECS.
- Ensure that residents are receiving their medication based on doctor’s orders/complete medication pass.
- Maintain the medication cart including audit procedures for PRN medication and controlled medicines as defined by the nursing standards.
- Perform skin evaluations and skin treatment as required by skin treatment protocols. Monitor blood glucose, temperature, and blood pressure.
- Assist patients/residents with Activities of Daily Living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transferring, ambulating, toileting, and other resident needs.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a License Practical Nurse.
- Must be CPR Certified.
- One year of long term care desirable.
- Med/Surg, Home Health experience helpful. Also experience working with the handicapped, developmentally disabled, or older adults preferred.
Join the Westminster Family today! We offer:
- Shift Differential
- Flexible Hours
- Fun Work Environment
- Competitive Wages
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Fitness Facility Onsite
- Vacation Pay
- Shift Differential
- Parking (Downtown Orlando)
- Career Advancement
- And More!
EOE, DFWP – “We honor those who have served.”