Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Youth Development Specialist (Largo/Seminole) - Pinellas/Pasco School Age Programs*
- 01-Apr-2019 to 31-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- $8.46/hr + possible incentives
- Part Time
- Pinellas/Pasco School Age Programs
Apply directly to: https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1040194.html
RATE OF PAY: $8.46/hr + possible incentives
The Assistant Youth Development Specialist provides support for all children participating in the YMCA program. They will implement and facilitate purposeful activities at the site for their designated group. They support the YMCA's promise to strengthen community by interacting with members in a positive and meaningful way. Members are defined as anyone with a current or potential relationship with the Y, such as children, parents, staff, volunteers, community, donors and guest.
- Supervise all children in a designated group to ensure safety.
- Assist the Youth Development Specialist in maintaining accurate attendance and conducting face to name attendance verification.
- Communicate and document children's absences, injuries and incidents according to policies and procedures.
- Use positive reinforcement to encourage appropriate behavior. Document and communicate inappropriate behavior following disciplinary procedures.
- Nurture children by facilitating purposeful programming that develops social-emotional skills, fosters achievement, support academic growth and provides enrichment.
- Cultivate relationships by establishing a positive rapport with children, parents, volunteers, staff and school personnel. Create a sense of belonging for the children by encouraging them to connect with others.
- Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Keep supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment.
- Create a friendly and welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities by role modeling SMART behavior.
- Educate members about the services the YMCA offers and further connect them to the YMCA.
- Support the strategic work of the YMCA by:
A. Creating a culture of volunteerism by educating members about volunteering opportunities.
B. Supporting a culture of philanthropy by telling your Y story to others and encouraging them to participate in YMCA fundraising efforts.
C. Encourage members and celebrate their success in meeting their health and well-being goals.
D. Nurture the potential of all youth by promoting meaningful programs and services.
Within 90 days of hire, Principles of Youth Development training required. Within 6 months of hire, Introduction to S.A.F.E. training required. Within 90 days of completing MODS, Preventing Sexual Abuse Between Youth Children, Youth Affirmations: Distinguishing Between Praise and Encouragement, Foundations of Listen First, and Engaging with Families trainings required.
Education: Pursuit of a high school diploma or equivalent preferred. A degree in a child-related field is preferred.
Work Experience: Experience working with children preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: State mandated trainings preferred. CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard and Listen First certifications preferred.
Physical: Must be 16 years of age or older. Must be able to stand, remain outdoors and maintain continual physical endurance for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, watch, listen and facilitate group activities.
Mental: Must be mentally alert and be able to process and follow directions.
Skills: Must be able to supervise and instruct large groups of children. Knowledge of sports and children's programming preferred.
Key leadership competencies:
Note: You have received this search result if you searched for: Early Childcare, Child Care, Development, Academic, Youth, School Age, Tutoring, After School, Afterschool
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button.