Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard - North Pinellas Branch*
- 01-Apr-2019 to 31-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Palm Harbor, FL, USA
- $9.60/hr + possible incentives
- Part Time
- North Pinellas Branch
Apply directly to: https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1040390.html
RATE OF PAY: $9.60/hr + possible incentives
This position is responsible for direct supervision, control and safety of participants during recreational, fitness, and instructional swimming.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be at least 16 years old. Upon hire, Professional Rescue CPR or Basic Life Support, First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Oxygen Administration (O2) certification required. Within 30 days of hire, Child Abuse Prevention in and Aquatics Environment training required. Within 90 days of hire, Foundations of Listen First and Intro to the Ys Cause and Culture trainings required. Certified Pool Operator, Life Guard Trainer and Get SMART preferred. Must hold a current life guarding certification (Red Cross accepted, must cross-over to YMCA within 90 days or first available training). Broad overview of the YMCA as it operates as a local, national, and international movement preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Must possess effective communication and human relations skills. Must pass a swim and skills test annually. Must show maturity and have the ability to relate to children and adults from all social/economic segments of the community.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the physical endurance to sit and stand for extended periods of time indoors or outdoors. Maybe required to maintain continual physical endurance for 15-30 minutes of aerobic activity. Gives and receives detailed instructions. Assist with pool maintenance including pool covers. Must be alert at all times. Must possess auditory and verbal capabilities in order to monitor environment and swimmers wellbeing. Must possess auditory and verbal capabilities to effectively communicate with swimmers and staff. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and physically able to perform a rescue.
1. Provides direct supervision and maintains high safety standard during recreational, fitness, and instructional swims.
2. Role model all aspects of SMART pledge.
3. Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Keep supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment.
A. Maintains cleanliness of deck and locker rooms.
B. Keeps the deck clear of equipment and puts equipment in its proper place.
4. Follows opening and closing procedures
5. Engages in positive public relations with members.
A. Maintains an air of professionalism at all times.
B. Wears staff uniform while on duty.
6. Knows all emergency procedures and is able to administer first aid.
7. Reports for duty as scheduled, at least ten minutes before pool opening
8. Other duties:
A. Reports all serious incidents.
B. Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
9. Serves as role model in pool safety.
Key Leadership Competencies:
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button.