Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
For over 30 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Service Manager who is responsible for oversite of services provided by on-site resources to the customer to ensure the smoothest, most efficient delivery of the collaboration services. The position will need to be engaged with all key customers, act as a liaison between customer and entire Yorktel on-site and service delivery team. Also responsible for technical innovation and solutioning as well as implementation on new technologies. Make recommendations for future technologies as raise awareness of problematic or chronic issues needing to be addressed. Responsible for ensuring service delivery is coordinated in the most efficient manner possible as well as ensuring that regular preventive maintenance checks are performed at all locations.
This position reports directly to the Key global customer VTC Program Director. It will interface with Yorktel corporate management, service delivery and reporting teams. This position will also be expected to communicate internally with project managers, account managers, maintenance implementation managers, engineering staff, and sales to keep all parties up to date. In addition, participate in planning, reporting and strategic planning sessions with customer, Account Manager and Program Director.
The position requires an extremely high level of interpersonal, professional and technical skills. This position should have the highest level of customer service skills and be able to diffuse and control escalated situations effectively to service the customer. This position should have solid knowledge of Audio/Visual and Video Conference technologies, infrastructure and bridge operations to effectively test and serve end users. This position should be able to independently and effectively track and implement new technology and service improvement plans while also leading the team in adopting and training methodologies.
This position regularly influences internal and external customers to achieve a mutually desirable outcome. This position will coordinate support efforts of on-site staffing, ensure resolution of any problems working closely in conjunction with assigned team members. This position requires regular planning and team work in order to assist with the coordination of resources within Yorktel to support incoming Customer issues. This position requires regular planning and team work in order to assist with the coordination of resources within the team and outside of the team to support various projects throughout the organization. This position must regularly communicate answers to complex questions and respond to detailed inquiries. This position may sometimes handle and is expected to protect all internal and external confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedures.
- Act as Innovative thought lead in solutioning to customer.
- Act as point of contact for Key global customer Engineering and Architecture team
- Evaluate and test new technology as well as any recommendations of the Key global customer and Engineering and Architecture team
- Act as point of contact for overall success of On-site delivery of all services provided to Key global customer
- Represent concerns and observations to Key global customer Account and Program Management
- Communicate with end users
- Respond with a sense of urgency when receiving customer correspondence that suggests customer satisfaction is in jeopardy
- On-site support duties as needed
- Act as point of contact responsible for the completion of preventative maintenance checks
- Assist with customer testing, new implementations, new products, and Managed Services Certification of all customers.
- Evaluate and drive implementations and training for new technologies, monitoring systems and tools.
- Other duties as assigned
The positions is responsible for recommending, evaluating, testing, and implementing new technologies and solutions. They must also have a solid understanding of the technology used and how to use it.
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing and collaboration industry standards and leading technologies, including but not limited to: Polycom, Cisco, Skype, Teams, BlueJeans, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot of AV Conferencing systems
- Working experience with major videoconferencing equipment such as:
- Codec’s from Polycom and Cisco
- MCU and control systems from Polycom, Cisco
- Endpoints, Gateways, MCU’s and Gatekeepers
- Desktop standards and operating systems
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- High levels of interpersonal skills
- High ability to work with peers
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytic competence.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- May require occasional lifting (up to 25 lbs)
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests required by current or future contracts
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.