Zel Technologies LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF and RADAR Research and Development Engineer (R3DE)
at Zel Technologies LLC
- 07-Nov-2018 to 06-Dec-2019 (EST)
- Patrick AFB, FL, USA
- Full Time
ZelTech is a veteran and minority owned professional services and information technology solutions business dedicated to bolstering US national security. We deliver expert advice, critical technologies and cost-effective solutions to help customers gather essential knowledge, collaborate efficiently, decide quickly and act decisively. Our staff includes experienced operational specialists, analysts, engineers, scientists, and program managers. ZelTech Team members and employees have the opportunity to connect with each other in a work environment of cutting-edge technology that is characterized by a strong sense of caring, community and mutual respect. We are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive variety of elective benefits to include, but not limited to: Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Holidays and Paid Time Off, 401(K) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Referral and Merit Bonuses, Computer Purchase Program, and Education Reimbursement.
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position
Job Summary: Provides scientific, engineering, and technical assistance to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Office for Science and Technology (ST), Office for Advanced Technical Intelligence (ATI). Coordinate, plan, execute and report on RF experiment information to continuously advance the state of the art in radar techniques. The R3DE will assist leadership and support the government's role in various working groups by leading meetings to collect information, write or review experiment plans and reports to meet technical requirements. Provide algorithm development subject matter expertise specifically addressing collection systems. Support planning, programming and budgeting activities with S&T proposal descriptions and justifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist for all phases of the collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (CPED) cycle
- The R3DE must be able to collaborate with other non-collocated RF system and software developers to produce imagery products and processing tools for the community
- Provide subject matter expertise on interferometry and interferometric collection systems, image algorithm processing, and algorithm development.
- Possess technical understanding and experience using RF aperture synthesis image processing procedures and algorithms development to produce images of geostationary satellites for space situational awareness
- Understand multistatic radar engagements, collections and processing to produce object images
- Understand RF pulse compression processes and be able to analyze RADAR pulse characteristics and RF Link Budget
- Identify, assess, experimentally evaluate and characterize RF hardware and software assets for incorporation into the system architecture
- Provide expertise for application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetics for technology development, test, manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems. Electronic engineering includes specialties in computer, controller and telecommunications engineering
- Works well independently or as part of a group
- Ability to research technical issues
- Ability to identify problems, communicate them to supervisor, and propose solutions
- Ability to write reports to present to management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Knowledge of standard DoD acquisition regulations, practices and procedures is desired
- Master's degree from accredited school in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology OR 10+ years experience in lieu of degree
- PhD in one of the above fields is desired
- Travel and temporary duty approximately 15 - 20% annually.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required. Member must pass a Polygraph within 7-days of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
"This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities."